- Plan where you could go to be safe such as friends, family or a women’s refuge. Always try to take the children with you
- Only tell friends and family you are sure you can trust of your plans
- Arrange your transport in advance, a lift from a friend or book a taxi
- Ask your GP to carefully note any evidence of injuries on your records
- Keep a small amount of cash to make emergency calls, key cards, house keys, essential medications and important papers together in a place where you can get them quickly or have someone else retrieve them. You may wish to have a copy of these left with someone you trust.
- If you do leave you can request police to accompany you back to the house to retrieve your personal possessions. Do not put your safety at risk to retrieve property or possessions.
- Make a list of personal papers and items you need to take with you.
This service receives funding under the National Affordable Housing Agreement and the National Partnership Agreement on Homelessness, which are jointly funded by the ACT and Australian Governments.